- 1The quality or condition of being homologous.More example sentences
- Yogic meditation allowed Vedic sages to see in their minds' eyes, the likenesses, homologies and equivalences between the cosmic, the terrestrial and the spiritual.
- Actually, the argument is not contradicted by convergences, and the reason the argument is not contradicted is that scientists have reasonable methods for distinguishing between analogies and homologies.
- The natural emphasis on discovering commonalities, homologies and analogies that simplify has distracted us from the main result of evolution, which is to create differences.
- 1.1 Biology Similarity in sequence of a protein or nucleic acid between organisms of the same or different species.More example sentences
- They show a remarkable structural similarity and extensive sequence homologies at the amino acid level.
- Significant sequence homologies to known proteins were noted.
- This database is useful for identifying meaningful homologies among proteins with poor overall sequence similarity.
More definitions of homologyDefinition of homology in:
- The British & World English dictionary