1Of the same or similar form.
- In organisms in which gender is based on one sex being homomorphic and the other heteromorphic for the sex chromosomes, a process has evolved to equalize the output of products encoded by the genes located there.
- Model systems for homomorphic self-incompatibility in flowering plants share these characteristics.
- For quality control data we adopted the same homomorphic pattern by adding a further level of abstraction.
1.1 Mathematics Relating to or of the nature of a homomorphism.
- It had a great number of very interesting subgroups, including two more previously unknown simple groups, as well as groups having as homomorphic images almost all the finite sporadic simple groups known at that time.
- All mathematical models in ecology can be divided into two groups: isomorphic and homomorphic models.
- Homomorphic mappings of rings into fields are very common in commutative algebra and in its applications.
- Example sentences
- I have, however, a few seedlings of different forms of Primula all homomorphically fertilised - I expect some of these will be in flower shortly, and afford us some more information on this point.
- Two graphs are homomorphically equivalent if each admits a homomorphism to the other.
- The server system receives a query, consisting of the query information homomorphically encrypted by the user system.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of homomorphic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.