- A transformation of one set into another that preserves in the second set the relations between elements of the first.More example sentences
- He lectured on and wrote up notes on Tate's theorem on homomorphisms between abelian varieties over finite fields.
- There are structure-preserving functions, representing homomorphisms, from points of space-time to appropriate structures defined from real numbers.
- A lecturer could not readily fix this problem by adding supplementary material because continuous homomorphisms have been defined too narrowly.
More definitions of homomorphismDefinition of homomorphism in:
- The British & World English dictionary