- An impartial mediator in international, industrial, or other disputes.More example sentences
- And our role in the Middle East is to try to be the negotiator, the mediator, the honest broker, and to be able to work with both sides.
- Israel has also achieved some success in winning a more friendly response from Russia, which is again seeking to challenge US domination of Middle Eastern affairs by offering itself as an honest broker between Israel and the Arab regimes.
- The negotiators of the initial tobacco settlement had chosen Myers as an honest broker who could represent the interests of the public-health community at the negotiating table.
late 19th century: translating German ehrlicher Makler with reference to Bismarck, Otto von, under whom Germany was united.
More definitions of honest brokerDefinition of honest broker in:
- The British & World English dictionary