Definition of honey locust in English:
A tree of the pea family with long branched thorns, although a thornless variety has been cultivated and is typically grown as an ornamental for its fernlike foliage.
- Genus Gleditsia, family Leguminosae: several species, in particular the North American G. triacanthos, the pods of which contain a sweet pulp
- American elm, honey locust, and box elder line the small creek, whose waters ultimately flow into the Iowa River.
- When you're here, head straight to the honey locust tree, which stood right next to our 16th president on that cold, fateful day in November 1863.
- These extinct American herbivores once dispersed the seeds of such big-fruited plants as honey locust, Kentucky coffee tree, and Osage orange, all of which produce fruits that no native animal today regards as food.
Definition of honey locust in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.