- A widely distributed climbing shrub with tubular flowers that are typically fragrant and of two colors or shades, opening in the evening for pollination by moths.
More example sentences
- Genera Lonicera and Diervilla, family Caprifoliaceae (the honeysuckle family): many species, including the common Japanese honeysuckle (L. japonica), the trumpet honeysuckle (L. sempervirens), and the northern bush honeysuckle (D. lonicera). The honeysuckle family also includes such berry-bearing shrubs as guelder rose, elder, and snowberry
- Depending on the season and sunlight, it could be honeysuckles, wisteria, roses, orchids, or buddleias.
- The honeysuckle, with flowers of white or red, emits a wonderful fragrance and grows to about eight feet in two years.
- Up the bare trunks of trees were grown passion flowers, flaming nasturtiums, jasmine, and honeysuckles to finish the picturesque scene.
More definitions of honeysuckleDefinition of honeysuckle in:
- The British & World English dictionary