Definition of honeysuckle in English:
A widely distributed climbing shrub with tubular flowers that are typically fragrant and of two colors or shades, opening in the evening for pollination by moths.
- Genera Lonicera and Diervilla, family Caprifoliaceae (the honeysuckle family): many species, including the common Japanese honeysuckle (L. japonica), the trumpet honeysuckle (L. sempervirens), and the northern bush honeysuckle (D. lonicera). The honeysuckle family also includes such berry-bearing shrubs as guelder rose, elder, and snowberry
- Depending on the season and sunlight, it could be honeysuckles, wisteria, roses, orchids, or buddleias.
- The honeysuckle, with flowers of white or red, emits a wonderful fragrance and grows to about eight feet in two years.
- Up the bare trunks of trees were grown passion flowers, flaming nasturtiums, jasmine, and honeysuckles to finish the picturesque scene.
Definition of honeysuckle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan