- The Government was also forced to admit that illicit hooch was being brewed in Aarey colony, a reserve forest area in the city.
- Once considered a low class hooch, tequila has undergone a huge image change over the past two decades to become the toast of Mexican high society, giving a heady euphoria to the country's drinks industry.
- That night, they held an impromptu party on the river's edge, where friends and friends of friends partied into the wee hours, drinking home-brewed orange hooch and saying farewell.
Late 19th century: abbreviation of Hoochinoo, the name of an Alaskan Indian people who made liquor.
Words that rhyme with hoochmooch, pooch, smooch
- The hooches are 12 wooden huts where airmen live.
- But ongoing construction will replace 270 hooches with no indoor plumbing with 44 four-unit apartment buildings and seven two-story, 72-occupant dormitories.
- Even worse, there was a direct hit on a nearby hooch.
1950s (originally military slang): perhaps from Japanese uchi 'dwelling'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.