Definition of hooktip in English:
A slender moth that has hooked tips to the forewings. The caterpillar tapers to a point at the rear and rests with both ends raised.
- Family Drepanidae: Drepana and other genera
- Larvae of the common hooktip moth build silk nests that they must then defend against members of their own species.
- I used to see rose hooktips on my viburnums all the time, but since the hurricane nearly two years ago, I haven't seen a single one.
- Note the distinctive resting posture, very different from the ‘flatness’ of the other three hooktips.
Definition of hooktip in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan