A slender moth that has hooked tips to the forewings. The caterpillar tapers to a point at the rear and rests with both ends raised.
- Family Drepanidae: Drepana and other genera
More example sentences
- Larvae of the common hooktip moth build silk nests that they must then defend against members of their own species.
- I used to see rose hooktips on my viburnums all the time, but since the hurricane nearly two years ago, I haven't seen a single one.
- Note the distinctive resting posture, very different from the ‘flatness’ of the other three hooktips.
Definition of hooktip in:
- The British & World English dictionary