- Flattened iron in long thin strips used for binding together the staves of casks or tubs.More example sentences
- The package was then tied with a piece of ‘hoop iron’ and prepared for burial.
- Yes, some of the convicts were smart enough to make a saw out of the hoop iron on their toilet bucket, and they were able to cut through wood quite easily with their home-made saws.
- Pasley was credited with resolving the debate between the two over the effectiveness of hoop iron in reinforcing the test beams; he concurred with Brunel that the material greatly increased strength.
More definitions of hoop ironDefinition of hoop iron in:
- The British & World English dictionary