Definition of hopping in English:
adjectiveinformal , chiefly North American
Very active or lively: the delis do a hopping lunch business
More example sentences
- Things seems to be hopping everywhere but Cannes, however, where this year's Film Festival was reportedly as fun as Russell Crowe in clown make-up.
- The Bay Area is a hopping landscape of free culture.
- As with all Spanish cities, Santander has a hopping nightlife scene.
- informal Extremely angry.Example sentences
- This stuff makes me absolutely furious - hopping mad even!
- And I think when people find that out, they'll be hopping mad, and be mad at the proponents of this recall who are forcing them to spend $30 million for a special election.
- Iain Murray isn't just shocked - he's hopping mad.
Definition of hopping in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan