- (Of glasses) having rims made of horn or a similar substance.More example sentences
- He knows he's a standout, especially as he hugs a purple bag and peers from behind red horn-rimmed glasses to greet a friend.
- Certainly, it appeared that she had conceded defeat to the new generation of upstarts when she launched herself as a children's author last year, all horn-rimmed glasses and demure frock.
- They were young men with horn-rimmed glasses and bow ties and even younger women with long braids, some serious and others smiling, but all appearing woefully unprepared for life on China's harsh northwestern frontier.
More definitions of horn-rimmedDefinition of horn-rimmed in:
- The British & World English dictionary