Definition of horn shell in English:
A mollusk with a long tapering shell, occurring in brackish and marine waters.
- Families Potamididae and Cerithidae, class Gastropoda
- True horn shells, or again, those in the family Potamidae, are primarily found in tropical waters.
- Beachcombing is also good for finding horn shells, moonsnails, cockleshells and an occasional sand dollar.
- In turn, horn shells provide food for water birds which filter them from the mud.
Definition of horn shell in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India