Definition of horned lark in English:
A widespread lark of open country, especially the Arctic and mountains, the male having a black and white head pattern and two small black hornlike crests.
- Genus Eremophila, family Alaudidae: two species, in particular E. alpestris. British name: shorelark
- Migrating birds can be seen as early as January, when horned larks arrive, followed by waterfowl in February and March.
- I hadn't gone much farther when I found the horned larks that Bill said would be in the freshly manured field along the same road.
- Out of sight a bird called, an early arrival, perhaps a horned lark.
Definition of horned lark in:
- British & World English dictionary