Definition of horned lark in English:
A widespread lark of open country, especially the Arctic and mountains, the male having a black and white head pattern and two small black hornlike crests.
- Genus Eremophila, family Alaudidae: two species, in particular E. alpestris. British name: shorelark
- Migrating birds can be seen as early as January, when horned larks arrive, followed by waterfowl in February and March.
- I hadn't gone much farther when I found the horned larks that Bill said would be in the freshly manured field along the same road.
- Out of sight a bird called, an early arrival, perhaps a horned lark.
Definition of horned lark in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan