Definition of horrific in English:
Causing horror: horrific injuries
More example sentences
- A man suffered a horrific eye injury after he and his girlfriend were attacked by a gang of thugs as they left a pub.
- A man suffered horrific crush injuries to his hand after he became trapped in a printing press.
- Her injuries were so horrific that the vet had no choice but to put her to sleep.
- Example sentences
- I exasperatedly remarked that they were a perfect match, they were both aesthetically hideous with horrifically competitive personalities to match.
- The family of a teenage girl left horrifically injured after being catapulted from a white-knuckle ride told last night of the terrifying moment she realised she was going to fall.
- York coroner Donald Coverdale has warned of the dangers of lighting bonfires with petrol after an inquest heard how a York man died when his garden fire went horrifically wrong.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan