- The erection of hairs on the skin due to cold, fear, or excitement.More example sentences
- With this discharge - which occurs either as a humoral emission or a thermal one (horripilation, shivering) - pre-existing accruals of emotions are also eliminated.
- We are investigating ways to mimic horripilation using patterning techniques to create regions of ordered and disordered polymers.
- His physical body is being attacked by weakness of limbs, parchedness of throat, horripilation and hair standing on end.
mid 17th century: from late Latin horripilatio(n-), from Latin horrere 'stand on end' (see horrid) + pilus 'hair'.
More definitions of horripilationDefinition of horripilation in:
- The British & World English dictionary