Definition of horsehair worm in English:
A long slender worm related to the nematodes, the larvae being parasites of arthropods and the adults living in water or damp soil.
- Phylum Nematomorpha: two classes
- These are the horsehair worms or Nematomorpha and the Gastrotricha.
- No control is necessary for horsehair worms found outside or inside and they should just be ignored.
- Locomotion of adult horsehair worms is a slow whipping action; males are more active than females.
Definition of horsehair worm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.