Definition of horseleech in English:
A large predatory leech of freshwater and terrestrial habitats that feeds on carrion and small invertebrates.
- Genus Haemopis, family Hirudidae
- These men were looked upon as ‘ravening wolves, horseleeches and shearers,’ from whom no man was safe.
- As the horseleech is never satisfied, often continuing to gorge itself until it bursts, so self-love is never contented, crying ‘Give, give.’
- Pistol once again brings attention to the seamy side of war, in his declaration that in France they will be like horseleeches, sucking blood.
Definition of horseleech in:
- British & World English dictionary