- British • proverb Different people are suited to different things or situations.More example sentences
- However, it is horses for courses and we can't say for sure that every boy will play all their matches for the club team.
- I think it's very much horses for courses - it's about getting a good balance between public and private sector.
- Always a believer in horses for courses - since the advent of the squad system at least - the Scotland coach is likely to chop and twiddle and tinker over the five championship games.
More definitions of horses for coursesDefinition of horses for courses in:
- The British & World English dictionary