- A ship that functions as a hospital, especially to receive or take home sick or wounded military personnel.More example sentences
- The underway replenishment ship Success helped sustain the force by conducting replenishment operations with coalition ships, including the USN hospital ship USS Comfort.
- You do not need all the decision-makers or intelligence functions on the hospital ship, but they need to be able, in the time of crisis, be able to reach out and touch the experts wherever they are around the world.
- The Navy hospital ship was pierside in New York City to support relief efforts after the terrorist attack of Sept.11.
More definitions of hospital shipDefinition of hospital ship in:
- The British & World English dictionary