Definition of hospitality in English:
The friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors, or strangers.
- Even in an age of mass tourism, many Cypriots still regard visitors as honoured guests and offer hospitality to total strangers.
- Both were spellbound by the courtesy, hospitality, helpfulness and friendliness of the African people.
- The fundamental test of justice is one of hospitality to the stranger.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting the business of housing or entertaining visitors: the hospitality industry
More example sentences
- A rally was organised by various business houses in the hospitality industry.
- Licensing trust members are elected under the Sale of Liquor Act to operate businesses in the hospitality industry.
- He said 80 percent of them were now employed within the hospitality sector and various business houses.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan