verb[with object] (usually be hospitalized)
Admit or cause (someone) to be admitted to a hospital for treatment: Casey was hospitalized for chest pains
More example sentences
- Thirteen persons were hospitalized for treatment of knife wounds and burns, including the priest.
- Four people were hospitalized for treatment, including one seriously injured prisoner.
- In our experience, this approach usually leads to an agreement between the clinician and the patient on how to proceed - whether to warn the potential victim, modify the current treatment or hospitalize the patient.
- More example sentences
- Rough-handed by the police, two sustained injuries that required hospitalization.
- Among children, asthma is a leading cause of hospitalization, chronic disease, and school absenteeism.
- Later Laura tells her oblivious husband she is terrified about Kitty's hospitalization.
Definition of hospitalize in:
- The British & World English dictionary