Definition of hot press in English:
1A device in which paper or cloth is pressed between glazed boards and hot metal plates in order to produce a smooth or glossy surface.
- The kitchen has a range of storage units, a hot press and a shelved pantry.
- On this floor there is also a double-width hot press with plenty of storage space, and the family bathroom, which has lots of built-in storage and a double bath.
- This usually involved a hot press or rollers sealing Mylar plastic onto your item.
verb(hot-press) [with object] Back to top
Press with a hot press.
- In 1946, Irmann and co-workers were preparing rod specimens for spectrographic analysis by hot pressing mixtures of pure aluminum and other metal powders.
- With an appropriate bulk composition it might be possible to use this to generate a ceramic or synroc-like waste form without the costs and hazards associated with pre-disposal hot pressing etc.
Definition of hot press in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.