- 1An establishment providing accommodations, meals, and other services for travelers and tourists.More example sentences
- He instead spent a couple of nights in a Frankfurt hotel room when nobody showed up to greet him at the other end.
- It has many of the trappings of a five-star hotel, but the service can be a bit patchy.
- The hotel staff would tell tourists how great it was and the tourists would want to go.
- 2A code word representing the letter H, used in radio communication.More example sentences
- In NATO phonetic alphabet: G is Golf, H is Hotel, and L is Lima.
- HAL is Hotel, Alpha, Lima.
mid 18th century: from French hôtel, from Old French hostel (see hostel).