(also hot line)
- A direct telephone line set up for a specific purpose, especially for use in emergencies or for communication between heads of government: a domestic violence hotlineMore example sentences
- In various cities, emergency hotlines and hostels have been set up for women and girls forced to flee their neighbourhoods.
- The people of Scotland decided the final winners by voting in their thousands via telephone hotlines and the internet.
- The woman shopkeeper saw her condition and called Childline, an emergency hotline for children in distress.
More definitions of hotlineDefinition of hotline in:
- The British & World English dictionary