Definition of house cricket in English:
A chiefly nocturnal cricket with a birdlike warble, native to North Africa and southwestern Asia. It has become established in heated buildings.
- Acheta domesticus, family Gryllidae
- Spiders were shipped to Toronto and reared in a reversed 12-h dark / 12-h light cycle on a standardized diet of fruit flies (Drosophila spp.) and house crickets.
- Both species were maintained on a diet of domestic house crickets.
- Several R2-less insect species, such as the European house cricket Acheta domesticus, have no insertion in rDNA.
Definition of house cricket in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia