Definition of housebreaking in English:
The action of breaking into a building, especially in daytime, to commit a crime.
- He had been arrested for more than 40 crimes in the previous year - for offences that included housebreaking, theft and vandalism.
- There is a broad body of research highlighting the link between drug use and property crimes such as housebreaking and theft.
- The suspect is due in court here shortly on charges of kidnapping, housebreaking and theft.
- Example sentences
- They may be housebreakers or criminals but I can excuse them.
- Neither authority can be unaware that dark streets are an invitation for potential housebreakers and thugs to call round.
- One of Swindon's most prolific housebreakers who committed more than 70 burglaries in the town is back behind bars.
Words that rhyme with housebreakingstrikebreaking
Definition of housebreaking in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan