Definition of housecleaning in English:
1The cleaning of the interior of a dwelling.
- One thing's for certain about modern-day housecleaning - everybody's got a different definition of clean.
- In fact, a general housecleaning is long overdue.
- He enjoys housecleaning and keeps cell 2 unblemished: he scrubs the toilet, sink and floor; he dusts and folds laundry.
2The removal of unwanted or superfluous items, practices, conditions, or personnel: the new owner’s housecleaning cost a lot of people their jobs
More example sentences
- Corporate America, of course, has already done a lot of housecleaning since the late '90s.
- Most new bosses do a little housecleaning.
- Never mind the Congressional gimmick of reorganizing the INS, surely we are long past due for a housecleaning of our immigration bureaucracy, starting at the top.
- Example sentences
- The average parent works all day, then comes home to prepare dinner for children, houseclean, pay the bills, etc.
- On Saturday, August 26, from 9 am until whenever, we need volunteer help to houseclean the museum.
- Our staff maintains and housecleans the buildings and there is never any mowing or repairs to worry about.
- Example sentences
- The buses serve the garment workers and the housecleaners, as well as the clerical staffs that keep the law offices and accounting firms operating in those gleaming business towers.
- Another group of immigrant women from Mexico, who work as housecleaners in the Bay Area, got tired of dealing with health problems caused by chemical cleaning solutions.
- Well, she hired a bunch of housecleaners and watched while drinking margaritas.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan