- A woman’s long, loose, lightweight robe for informal wear around the house.More example sentences
- After a few weeks the figures become familiar; a few old women, wearing housecoats and kerchiefs; a young girl, maybe a teenager, who stares at him intently each time.
- She was no longer wearing her housecoat, now she wore a black, silk negligee from her wardrobe that Morgan had taken a liking to.
- She was wearing a heavy housecoat, concealing her moon blue pajamas.
More definitions of housecoatDefinition of housecoat in:
- The British & World English dictionary