- A female domestic employee, especially one who cleans reception rooms and bedrooms.More example sentences
- As our family grew we'd hired more servants so that now we had a parlourmaid, two housemaids, two kitchenmaids, a scullerymaid, Mrs. Benson, Mr. Richards and the cook.
- A domestic helper, housemaid or simply ‘maid’ can be a welcome relief from the daily household chores.
- Mrs. Williams responded meekly enough but I was sure the moment I was gone the kitchen maids and housemaids would be treated to a rant.
More definitions of housemaidDefinition of housemaid in:
- The British & World English dictionary