- A teacher, typically male, in charge of a dormitory at a boarding school.More example sentences
- These efforts were rewarded with a position as junior housemaster and English teacher at Shore in 1940, leaving him then with his personal life to set in order.
- ‘It never occurred to any of us at the school in that period that he was anything other than a conscientious, interested and sympathetic teacher and housemaster,’ he said.
- Two teachers, one of whom is Hawkins' housemaster, were struck down by the virus, as was one member of domestic staff.
More definitions of housemasterDefinition of housemaster in:
- The British & World English dictionary