1Houses and apartments considered collectively: affordable housing [as modifier]: a housing development
More example sentences
- The first phase of the largest development of homes under the affordable housing scheme in this country sold within the space of two weeks in May in Dublin.
- South Woodham town councillors have again stated their opposition to plans to build affordable housing and retirement flats in the town
- In late 1999, the government announced that it intended to force builders to provide social and affordable housing units within their developments.
1.1The provision of accommodations: the sector that offers housing to the poorest
More example sentences
- It was agreed to contact the appropriate housing association regarding the provision of a light in Manor Road Close.
- Teenage girls who live in local authority or housing association accommodation are three times more likely to become a mother.
- However, new research finds provision by housing associations is patchy and that jobs are even more important in determining whether young people abandon the countryside.
2A rigid casing that encloses and protects a piece of moving or delicate equipment.
- Mr Greenhalgh went on: ‘Noise won't be a factor either because of state of the art noise damping equipment and acoustic housings we will install.
- Transmitter and receiver are supplied fully enclosed in housings measuring 45 x 55 x 15 mm with connectors for external dipole antennas.
- Electronic engine components are usually enclosed in plastic housings which are formed from molten plastic in injection molding machines.
3A recess or groove cut in one piece of wood to allow another piece to be attached to it.
- Which housings / trims are rated for damp location?
- Clamp a piece of straight edged waste wood in line with one of the groove lines and using the waste wood as guide, saw down to the bottom of the housing.
Words that rhyme with housingDowsing
A cloth covering put on a horse for protection or ornament.
- Outside there would be gorgeously caparisoned elephants and horses with rich housings, palanquins and teams of palanquin bearers, four in hand coaches, and subsequently Rolls Royces and Daimlers.
- In military use, housings and holster caps served to identify the unit and rank of any mounted soldier.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.