noun (plural same)
- A vehicle or craft that travels over land or water on a cushion of air provided by a downward blast. A design was first patented by Christopher Cockerell (1910–99) in 1955.More example sentences
- Buying the hovercraft and Argos vehicles were the easy parts, the battle to keep funds coming in for running costs is increasingly difficult.
- Longley then set about the task of designing a hovercraft for Lake Chad, but by the time he had spent three years building it, a drought had dried up most of the lake.
- A lone Japanese escort helicopter followed the hovercraft in, and buzzed overhead.
More definitions of hovercraftDefinition of hovercraft in:
- The British & World English dictionary