Definition of human in English:
- The human body and mind work according to the nature's laws, which are eternal, and immutable.
- There, among the babbling minds of the incompetent human race, was my beloved Farrell.
- It constantly amazes me how the minds of the human race in general work, or cease to work, as the case may be.
- Investigating the validity of animal experiments is therefore essential for both human health and animals.
- These nervous fluids often got the blame for human error and weakness.
- She depicts an almost saintly figure, virtually devoid of human weakness or error.
- As a matter of fact, the lack of such human qualities as honesty, kindness, and public spirit are generally felt.
- Both sides trampled on each other's human qualities, so please don't use these saddening words.
- This was an India I had never known, where human kindness flowed freely and tradesmen greeted me with genuine warmth.
- They say coyotes have in some places become habituated to humans and human environments.
- The forepaws resemble slender human hands and make the raccoon unusually dextrous.
- So far nearly all human cases of avian flu have resulted from direct contact with infected birds.
nounBack to top
- At least some people are realising that humans are completely abusing the right we have.
- I'm not meant to notice how Gail looks next to other people or how other humans treat her.
- You try to give them good stuff but these people are not fit to be called humans.
In the beginning human and humane were the same word. The forms were used interchangeably until the 18th century, when human took over the scientific and general senses relating to people and humane became restricted to the meanings ‘showing compassion’, and ‘without inflicting pain’. Both derive from Latin humanus, from homo ‘man, human being’.
- Example sentences
- His modesty, his essential humanness, and his struggle with goodness, makes it easy for audiences to relate to him.
- Instead my concern over world and community events has me feeling concerned about yourself and others that have expressed a humanness we avid listeners and fans never allow from our heroes and heroines.
- I decided just to try and capture the humanness of the Queen, rather than anything formal.
Words that rhyme with humancrewman, crewmen, energumen, ichneumon, Newman, numen, Schumann, subhuman, Trueman
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.