noun(usually human rights)
- A right that is believed to belong justifiably to every person: a flagrant disregard for basic human rights communication is a fundamental human rightMore example sentences
- An inclusive agenda for human rights must make human rights the basis of economic systems.
- He was a lawyer and a trade union activist, a campaigner for human rights and democracy.
- We believe that democracy and human rights are worth defending with all our strength.
More definitions of human rightDefinition of human right in:
- The British & World English dictionary