Definition of hurler in English:
1North American informal A baseball pitcher.
- ‘He's got a funny spin on his fastball,’ the veteran hurler told Allen.
- Five hurlers recalled recently their first and only taste of all-star action.
- That is also the most wins ever by a left-handed hurler.
2A player of hurling.
- Over 30 players attended the meeting and were told county hurlers will get free gym membership this season.
- For a player twice named hurler of the year, he had nothing to prove.
- He's a hurling man and he talks about the game as hurlers do.
Definition of hurler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.