- 1A stick used in the game of hurling.More example sentences
- Hurling is played with much larger sticks called hurleys and players are allowed to hit the ball in the air or carry it on the hurley.
- Jimmy is happiest when recalling the friends he has made among the hurlers for whom he has repaired hurleys or made new hurleys over the years.
- He signed autographs on hurleys, sliothars, jerseys, programmes and every available piece of paper!
early 19th century: from the verb hurl.
More definitions of hurleyDefinition of hurley in:
- The British & World English dictionary