- 1A storm with a violent wind, in particular a tropical cyclone in the Caribbean.More example sentences
- In fact, tropical storms or hurricanes have ended many droughts in Texas, and other parts of the world.
- Severe tropical cyclones correspond to the hurricanes or typhoons of other parts of the world.
- First, wind and water erode it, especially during tropical storms and hurricanes.
mid 16th century: from Spanish huracán, probably from Taino hurakán 'god of the storm'.
Entry from British & World English dictionary
More definitions of hurricaneDefinition of Hurricane in:
- The British & World English dictionary