- A tropical Asian plant of the pea family, widely grown as an ornamental or for its edible seeds and pods and as a fodder crop.
More example sentences
- Lablab purpureus (or Dolichos lablab), family Leguminosae
- Barlow says that when she grows hyacinth bean, its red-veined purple foliage and sweet pea-like purple or white flowers stop people in their tracks.
- Plant quick-growing vines, such as morning glory or hyacinth bean, around the outside of the lattice.
- Other common names for the lablab bean include bonavist bean, Egyptian bean, and hyacinth bean.