- A modified pore, especially on a leaf, that exudes drops of water.More example sentences
- Indeed, activity, although low, was detected in cotyledon veins and tips and also in leaf veins, trichomes, and hydathodes.
- The three main veins fused at the leaf tip leading to an epithem hydathode.
- Another way of disposing of excess salt may be to lose salt from the hydathodes, which release water at times of low transpirational water loss, such as at night.
late 19th century: from Greek hudōr, hudat- 'water' + hodos 'way'.
More definitions of hydathodeDefinition of hydathode in:
- The British & World English dictionary