- A strongly acidic solution of the gas hydrogen chloride in water.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: HCl
- The complementary acid is typically either phosphoric acid or hydrochloric acid.
- His other discoveries included nitrogen, hydrochloric acid, ammonia and carbon monoxide, and he was the father of the soda-water industry.
- To determine the exact concentration, titrating the hydrochloric acid against a solution of base, for example sodium hydroxide, would be appropriate.
More definitions of hydrochloric acidDefinition of hydrochloric acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary