- Any of a class of inert compounds of carbon, hydrogen, hydrocarbons, chlorine, and fluorine, used in place of chlorofluorocarbons as being somewhat less destructive to the ozone layer.More example sentences
- Many CFCs have been replaced with related materials known as hydrochlorofluorocarbons which reportedly do not interfere with the ozone layer.
- In the 1970s it was established that CFCs were eroding the earth's ozone layer, and since then they have gradually been replaced by less harmful chemicals such as hydrochlorofluorocarbons and butane.
- Blowing agents such as chlorofluorocarbons, and to a lesser extent hydrochlorofluorocarbons, have been identified with the destruction of the earth's protective ozone layer.
More definitions of hydrochlorofluorocarbonDefinition of hydrochlorofluorocarbon in:
- The British & World English dictionary