- A substance that forms a gel in the presence of water, examples of which are used in surgical dressings and in various industrial applications.More example sentences
- Treatment with moisture-retentive dressings consisted of either a hydrocolloid, an alginate, or sterile gauze.
- Silver dressings are available as foams, hydrocolloids, barrier layers, and charcoal cloth dressings.
- This absorptive layer is made of material other than an alginate, foam, hydrocolloid, or hydrogel.
More definitions of hydrocolloidDefinition of hydrocolloid in:
- The British & World English dictionary