- The ion H3O+, consisting of a protonated water molecule and present in all aqueous acids.More example sentences
- Some examples of positively charged electrophiles are the hydronium ion, nitronium ions, metal ions, and carbocations.
- In response to that stress, the conjugate base reacts with the hydronium ion, producing more carbon dioxide which is removed from the system by increasing respiration.
- Metals high on the activity series react more vigorously with oxidants including the halogens and the hydronium ion than those lower on the scale.
early 20th century: hydronium, from German (a contraction).
More definitions of hydronium ionDefinition of hydronium ion in:
- The British & World English dictionary