- A microphone that detects sound waves under water.More example sentences
- The tag encodes the data as a series of ultrasonic pulses transmitted through the water column from a hydrophone and are decoded by a receiver on a ship.
- From seven boats, the scientists lowered hydrophones - underwater microphones - to a depth of about 1,500 feet.
- But most research to date has used underwater microphones, called hydrophones, to study the collection of sounds produced by various groups - not individuals.
More definitions of hydrophoneDefinition of hydrophone in:
- The British & World English dictionary