Definition of hydroponics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The process of growing plants in sand, gravel, or liquid, with added nutrients but without soil.
- He said processes such as hydroponics and growboxes are big cash generators but require start-up capital.
- He later branched into dog-breeding and vegetables grown by hydroponics.
- Don't forget alternatives like hydroponics, water gardens, air gardens etc.
- Example sentences
- The United States and Canada each have between 1,500 and 2,000 acres of hydroponic greenhouse vegetable production.
- A fully stocked hydroponic greenhouse has been installed in the garden for their vegetable needs.
- Additionally, funds will be used to develop a network of hydroponic greenhouse growers.
Definition of hydroponics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan