noun(usually the hydrosphere)
- All the waters on the earth’s surface, such as lakes and seas, and sometimes including water over the earth’s surface, such as clouds.More example sentences
- Oxygen also occurs in the hydrosphere in the form of water, of which it makes up nearly 89% by weight, and in the Earth's crust.
- Carbon returns to the hydrosphere when carbon dioxide dissolves in the oceans, as well as in lakes and other bodies of water.
- It starts with the lithosphere (earth's crust and soil), goes on to atmosphere and hydrosphere (air and water), and ends up with the biosphere (living things).
More definitions of hydrosphereDefinition of hydrosphere in:
- The British & World English dictionary