- An opening in the sea floor out of which heated mineral-rich water flows.More example sentences
- Furthermore, deep sea hydrothermal vents may have been protected from meteorite bombardment that could have made it difficult for very early life on the surface of Earth to survive.
- His specialty involves one of the newest discoveries in ocean science: hydrothermal vents, where ocean water seeps through cracks in underwater-volcano lava, becomes heated, and releases back into the cold water above.
- Some of the salt in the oceans comes from undersea volcanoes and hydrothermal vents.
More definitions of hydrothermal ventDefinition of hydrothermal vent in:
- The British & World English dictionary