- A mineral of the apatite group that is the main inorganic constituent of tooth enamel and bone, although it is rare in rocks.More example sentences
- The most familiar apatite derivative is hydroxyapatite, the bulk mineral constituent of bone.
- Bone consists of collagen banded fibrils sprinkled with tiny crystals of the mineral hydroxyapatite, which is basically calcium phosphate.
- A less popular ‘filler ‘for wrinkles is made from calcium hydroxyapatite, a substance used to replace missing bone.’
More definitions of hydroxyapatiteDefinition of hydroxyapatite in:
- The British & World English dictionary