- (Of a plant) growing in damp conditions.More example sentences
- In the case of the hygrophilous species C. macrocarpa and W. radicans, 6 or 12 months' dry storage killed most spores.
- With the specific exception of river margin faunas, the more fussy hygrophilous species are well represented in Ireland.
- On the whole, the upland species are very poorly represented, and the same may be said of the especially hygrophilous section of the family.
More definitions of hygrophilousDefinition of hygrophilous in:
- The British & World English dictionary