- Of or concerning marriage.More example sentences
- Is it so difficult to wait until you are out of the register office to exchange some home-made vows and a selection of inspiring hymeneal ditties?
- The ground was spread with leaves and flowers, and their musicians sung a hymeneal song to the tune of their flutes.
- For this reason he was invoked in the hymeneal songs.
early 17th century: from Latin hymenaeus, from Hymen (from Greek Humēn), the name of the god of marriage, + -al.
More definitions of hymenealDefinition of hymeneal in:
- The British & World English dictionary